3 Cheese Mac & Cheese with Bacon
Total Time: 1 hr, 10 mins
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Yield: 8 servings
Dish Size: 9x13 Baking Dish
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 lb. medium shells pasta
- 1 lb. bacon
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 2 cups whole milk
- ½ cup half & half
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups Monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated (for topping)
- Spray a temp-tations® 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook pasta to according to package directions. Drain and return to pot.
- Slice bacon crosswise into 1-inch pieces and cook until crisp. Drain completely on paper towels. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt ½ cup butter, then sprinkle in flour, pepper, and mustard. Whisk until smooth and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in milk and half & half until mixture combines. Bring to a simmer and cook until it begins to thicken.
- Stir in cheeses and cook until melted and smooth. Stir in pasta until completely incorporated, then stir in bacon. Transfer to baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, panko, and ½ cup parmesan. Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake in a preheated 350ºF oven for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly.