Apple Pie Fries
Total Time: 35 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Yield: 6 servings
Dish Size: Lid-It®
- 1 double crust package refrigerated pie crust
- 1 10-ounce can apple pie filling
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ cup sugar
- caramel topping, for dipping
- nonstick spray
- Lightly spray your temp-tations® Lid-it® with nonstick spray.
- Bring pie crust to room temperature and lay on a lightly floured work surface. Unfold or roll out flat.
- Place pie filling in a food processor and pulse a few times until apple chunks are in small pieces. Spread over one crust, leaving a ¼-inch border around the edge. Lay second crust on top and press down gently.
- Cut into ⅓-inch strips and then into "French fry" sized pieces. Arrange in a single layer on your Lid-it®.
- In a small bowl whisk the egg. In a separate bowl whisk cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and sugar.
- Brush the "fries" with egg, and then sprinkle with spice mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with caramel sauce if desired.