Balsamic Glazed Chicken
This boneless, skinless chicken breast dish is on par with something you'd be served in a nice restaurant, but it's incredibly easy to make. The sweet and tangy balsamic sauce goes perfectly with the Italian herb-rubbed chicken. Serve garnished with fresh herbs, or chop up 1 tablespoon of fresh herbs to replace the Italian seasoning for even better flavor! - Tara
Total Time: 55 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Yield: 4 servings
Dish Size: 3-Quart Baking Dish
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ⅓ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 2 tspolive oil
- 2 Tbspfinely diced yellow onion
- ¼ cupbalsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsplight brown sugar
- 1 TbspDijon mustard
- 2 Tbspminced garlic
- Place chicken, olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a 3-quart temp-tations® baking dish and toss all to evenly coat chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes to infuse flavors.
- Start the sauce by sautéing olive oil and diced onion in a small saucepan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
- Add remaining sauceingredients to the saucepan and bring to a simmer, cooking for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Pour sauce over seasoned chicken breasts in baking dish and bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 30-35 minutes, or until cutting into a breast at the thickest part reveals no pink. Serve alongside your favorite vegetables and potatoes, or with pasta.
Tara’s Tidbits®To make a meal like the one pictured in the photograph, bake thinly sliced bell pepper and a large bag of frozen potato wedges in a second rectangular temp-tations® baking dish, alongside the chicken, until potatoes are crispy. Transfer cooked chicken breasts to the dish of potatoes to serve.