Bourbon Pecan Chicken
Total Time: 30 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Yield: 4 servings
Dish Size: Platter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 cup panko
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp milk
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tsp bourbon
- 1 Tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ⅓ cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- Trim and season chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Mix panko and chopped pecans in a shallow bowl (or on a sheet of waxed paper).
- Beat egg and milk in another shallow bowl.
- Dredge chicken pieces in flour, dip in egg, and roll in panko, pressing down to adhere coating.
- Heat olive oil in an oven-proof skillet over medium heat just until oil shimmers.
- Cook chicken on one side until browned, about 5 minutes. Turn chicken over and transfer pan to oven.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 15 minutes (chicken is done when an instant read thermometer reaches 165°F).
- While chicken is cooking, whisk brown sugar, bourbon, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer, remove from heat, and stir in butter one piece at a time. Do not return to heat.
- Serve sauce over chicken and garnish with scallions and/or parsley. Serve on a temp-tations® platter.
This sauce is good for any poultry or pork dish!