Braised Chicken with Artichoke Hearts
Total Time: 50 mins
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Yield: 4 servings
Dish Size: Frying Pan
- 4 chicken thighs (bone in, skin on)
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 14-ounce cans quartered artichoke hearts, drained and patted dry
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tsp Herbs de Provence (you can substitute thyme)
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- Pat chicken thighs dry and if necessary trim skin and excess fat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large, oven-safe frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken thighs, skin side down. Cook until skin is golden brown (don’t disturb chicken) about 10 minutes.
- Flip chicken skin side up and cook underside for about 5 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add artichoke hearts and onions to pan and sauté until they get a little color, about 5 minutes.
- Add wine and Herbs de Provence. Stir mixture, bringing up any brown bits.
- Add chicken back to pan, bring to a simmer and place in a preheated 425ºF oven to finish cooking, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and top with parsley and a drizzle of olive oil if you like.