Total Time: @ 1 hr
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: per cookie pckg
Yield: 15 servings
Dish Size: Serving Tray or Platter
- Store bought sugar cookie dough (1 package)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 12 tsp water
- 4 tsp light corn syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Dark green food coloring (I used Kelley green gel) about a dime size blob.
- 15 chocolate sandwich cookies, cream removed and processed until dust. (For dirt)
- Soft chocolate log shaped candy (for logs)
- Yellow, red, and orange gummy bears snipped into little pieces (for embers on campfire)
- Thin pretzel sticks (15)
- 15 mini marshmallows
- Bake 15 sugar cookies according to the directions on the package, set aside to cool
- In a medium bowl combine confectioners' sugar, water, corn syrup and salt. Mix well with a rubber spatula. It will be hard at first, but it will come together to form a smooth thick icing. Add food coloring so the color resembles grass.
- Separate the gummy bears, about 5 each color and snip them into small pieces. Set aside
- Unwrap 30 soft chocolate candy logs. Set it aside.
- Put a mini marshmallow on the end of each pretzel stick.
- Once the cookies are cooled, use a knife or spatula to ice each cookie to the edge.
- Next step is to put the “dirt” down. I used about ½ tablespoon in the center of the cookie and spread out almost to the edge but not so much it covers the icing.
- Arrange 2 chocolate candies in the middle of each cookie, resembling campfire logs.
- Next, take a few pieces of each color gummy bear and arrange them around the chocolate candy to resemble embers from a fire
- Take the pretzel stick topped with marshmallows and insert them into the log on each cookie, so they stand up straight.
- The last step is to toast each mini marshmallow. It will take less than 10 seconds for each marshmallow.