Cheesy Eye Ball Recipe
Total Time: 15 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Yield: 1 serving
Equipment: serving tray or platter
You will need
- chopstick or skewer
- small paintbrush
- 24 mini cheese rounds
- 24 green olive slices
- 8 black olives
- red gel food color
- Remove the wax casing from the cheeses. Use a paring knife to carefully cut a divot in the center of the cheese that's approximately the size of a green olive slice.
- Press a green olive slice into the divot firmly, being careful not to damage the olive slice.
- Use a paring knife to make three round slices from each black olive. Place the black olive round in the center of the green olive to make a "pupil."
- Dip a small paintbrush into the red gel food coloring and paint squiggly lines from the olives outward to give the eyes a bloodshot effect. Six to eight lines per eyeball will provide the best look.
- Keep cold until ready to serve.
Tara's Tip: Use a Halloween Boofetti serving platter for a perfect presentation!