Chicken Tikka with Grilled Veggies
Total Time: 1 hr, 30 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins + 1 hr to marinate
Cook Time: 10 mins
Yield: 4 servings
- 1½-2 lbs. boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- salt and pepper, as needed
- juice of one small lemon
- 4 Tbsp good olive oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and quartered
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and quartered
- 1 small zucchini, cut into bite size pieces
- naan or rice, for serving
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- In a small saucepan heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add spices and cook until aromatic, about 1 minute. Add onions and cook over medium heat until the onions are very tender, about 1 minute. Add garlic and continue to cook about 1 minute.
- Puree onion spice mix in a blender or processor, adding small amounts of yogurt to create a sauce.
- Combine sauce with chicken, mix well, and add remaining yogurt. Allow to marinate for about 1 hour. Skewer chicken pieces.
- Prepare a grill for medium-heat cooking. Toss peppers and zucchini in remaining olive oil. Grille veggies and chicken until cooked through and well-charred, about 5-6 minutes.
- Cut veggies into bite size pieces and serve alongside chicken with Naan or rice.