Chocolate-Dipped Orange Cookies
Total Time: 40 mins
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Yield: 36 servings
Dish Size: Lid-It®
This is a favorite holiday cookie recipe from my Taste of Home temp-tations® Holiday Cookbook.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp grated orange peel
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 ounces dark chocolate candy coating
- ½ cup chopped almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in orange peel and extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into 36 pieces; shape each into a 2½-inch rope. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased temp-tations® 13x9 inch Lid-Its®. Bake in a preheated 350ºF oven for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip ends of cookies into coating; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle with almonds. Place on waxed paper and let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.