24 chocolate sandwich cookies
12 peanut butter cups
2, 10 oz. Bags chocolate melting wafers
Coarse kosher salt (optional)
- Melt the chocolate wafers in the microwave in 30-second intervals. Check and stir after each interval to ensure you don't overcook the chocolate
- Save your empty chocolate cookie pieces and crush in a bag with a rolling pin for an optional garnish
- Separate the sandwich cookies and put the cream side on a baking sheet or platter lined with a silicone baking mat (or parchment paper).
- Set the spare cookie pieces aside (or crush for garnish in step 6)
- Unwrap the peanut butter cups and place on 12 of the cookies.
- Place the empty cookie halves onto the peanut butter cups to make sandwiches (use gentle pressure to stick them together)
- Empty the chocolate wafers into a microwave-safe bowl and heat until chocolate is melted smooth.
- Using two forks or a pair of disposable gloves, coat each cookie sandwich in melted chocolate. Place on silicone mat.
- Sprinkle the tops of the cookie sandwiches with sea salt or crushed cookie pieces
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes, or until the chocolate is set & enjoy!