Christmas Mice Truffles
Total Time: 1½ hrs
Prep Time: 1½ hrs
Yield: 3 dozen
Dish Size: 13x9 Lid-It®
- 1 package (15½ ounces) Oreo cookies
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar (16 ounces) maraschino cherries (with stems)
- ½ cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- ½ cup sliced almonds or pine nuts
- colored nonpareils or pearl dragees
- Place cookies in a food processor; cover and process until finely crushed. Add cream cheese and process until blended (keep unused mixture covered at all times with a damp cloth).
- Working with a few cherries at a time, shape 2 teaspoons cookie mixture around each cherry, tapering to resemble a mouse. Sprinkle with wafer crumbs. Add almonds for ears and nonpareils for eyes. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To serve, arrange on a temp-tations® 13x9 inch Lid-It®.
This recipe is from my Taste of Home: temp-tations Holiday Cookbook!