Chubby Hubby Bars
Chubby Hubby Bars
Total Time: 50 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Yield: 9 servings
Dish Size: 4-Quart Baker
For an all-time Father’s Day favorite, try these aptly-named Chubby Hubby Bars. They’re sweet, salty, and totally yummy! Featuring chocolate chips, crushed pretzels, and peanut butter chips, these bars—if you’re not careful—will live up to their name! - Tara
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter or margarine, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1½ cups coarsely chopped pretzels
- ¼ cup peanut butter chips
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped pretzels
- Line a 4-quart temp-tations® baker with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, beat butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar at medium speed until mixture is fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract to butter and sugar mixture. With mixer on low speed, add dry ingredients to butter and sugar mixture and beat just until incorporated.
- Stir in chunky peanut butter, chocolate chips, and pretzel pieces, then spread batter evenly in baker.
- Sprinkle peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, and pretzel pieces on top, and bake in a preheated 350ºF oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before cutting.
Lining the baker with foil allows you to lift and remove the contents in one big piece, making it easier to then cut the bars neatly and evenly on a cutting board. For a nicer presentation, put the cut bars back into the temp-tations® baker and serve.