Cinnamon Blueberry Coffee Cake
Total Time: 55 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Yield: 9 servings
Dish Size: 11x7 Baker
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup + 1 Tbsp granulated sugar, divided
- zest from one lemon
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups + 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon, divided
- ½ cup buttermilk *
- Cream butter, ¾ cup sugar, and lemon zest until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, toss blueberries with 1 tablespoon flour, then set aside.
- Whisk together 2 cups flour, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and salt.
- Add flour to batter, alternating with buttermilk. Fold in blueberries.
- Spread batter into an 11x7 temp-tations® baker (or a 9x9 baker).
- Mix remaining teaspoon of cinnamon with remaining tablespoon of sugar and sprinkle on top of batter. Bake in a preheated 350ºF oven for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick placed in the center comes out clean.
I rarely have buttermilk in the house, so I add 1 teaspoon white vinegar into ½ cup milk and allow to stand for 15 minutes.