Coconut Cream Pie
Total Time: 55 mins
Prep Time: 35 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Yield: 12 servings
Dish Size: 9" Pie Dish, 12-oz. Mini Pie Dishes
- 11 ounces shortbread cookies, ground fine (2½ cups cookie crumbs)
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 13.5-ounce cancoconut milk
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1¾ cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter in a large bowl and stir until well combined. Press into bottom and up sides of one temp-tations® 9" pie dish or four mini pie dishes. Bake crust in a preheated 350ºF oven for 10 minutes. Let crust cool completely.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a medium-sized saucepan; whisk in coconut milk and milk until smooth. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until mixture boils. Boil for 1 minute. Stir in butter and vanilla. Transfer pudding mixture to a bowl, place a layer of plastic wrap directly on mixture, and chill.
- Spread shredded coconut on a baking sheet or temp-tations® Lid-It® and toast in a 375ºF oven until lightly browned, about 10-15 minutes. Set coconut aside to cool.
- Place heavy cream and powdered sugar in a large temp-tations® bowl and beat until stiff peaks hold.
- To assemble pie, add 1 cup toasted coconut to pudding mixture and stir to combine. Pour pudding mixture into pie dish(es). Top with whipped cream, and sprinkle with remaining coconut. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
I asked fans on Facebook about their favorite kinds of pie. And Coconut Cream Pie ranked right up there—so now I'm sharing my recipe! A tip: try your favorite cookie for the crust. Pecan Sandies, sugar cookies, or even chocolate wafers are a great choice.