Creamy Tomato Soup with Herb Croutons
Total Time: 25 mins
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Yield: 4 servings
Dish Size: Bowl
- 3-4 slices Italian bread, cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp herbs de Provence
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 28-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups half & half
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (optional, for garnish)
- For Croutons: Place bread cubes on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with herbs, salt, and pepper, and toss to combine.
- Bake in a preheated 375°F-400°F oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- For Soup: In a heavy bottom pot, sauté onions in butter just until soft. Add tomatoes, chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, add half & half, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Blend until smooth with immersion blender or blend in batches in blender or food processor until smooth. Serve in temp-tations® bowls with a handful of croutons and top with parmesan cheese.