DESSERTTotal Time: 55 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Yield: 4 servings
Dish Size: 4-oz. ramekins
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the eggs, milk, ⅓ cup sugar, vanilla, and salt together in a large mixing bowl, making sure that the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour mixture into the Brulee ramekins. Place the filled ramekins onto a tray or baking pan with raised edges.
- Fill the tray ⅓ of the way up with hot tap water, creating a water bath, and place the tray in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and allow to cool on your counter. Remove the ramekins from the water bath and cool completely in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight.
- When you’re ready to serve, sprinkle the top of each crème brulee with a ½ tablespoon sugar and place under your broiler until the sugar is caramelized.
Tara's Tip: You can also use a kitchen torch to caramelize the sugar if you have one.