Double-Berry French Toast Casserole
Total Time: 1 hr, 50 mins
Prep Time: 1 hr
Cook Time: 50 mins
Yield: 8-10 servings
Dish Size: 4 quarts
- 6 ounces raspberries
- 16 ounces strawberries
- 3 tbsp sugar (for berries)
- 3 tbsp sugar (for French toast batter)
- 10 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into diagonal slices
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 5 large eggs
- garnish with maple syrup, raspberries, strawberries, and whipped cream
- Combine strawberries, raspberries, and 3 tablespoons of sugar in medium bowl and stir until evenly coated. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Strain berry liquid into small bowl and reserve the berries.
- Add softened cream cheese into berry liquid and stir until combined.
- Spread berry cream cheese mixture evenly over French bread slices and place, mixture side up, in a temp-tations 13x9 baker.
- Sprinkle set-aside berries over the mixture, then top with remaining French bread slices.
- In a medium bowl whisk together milk, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, eggs, and 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Pour milk mixture evenly over bread slices.
- Cover casserole with foil and refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 50 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Serve with whipped cream, fresh berries, and maple syrup.
Tell us what you think!