Dutch Apple Pie
Total Time: 1 hr, 10 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 45-50 mins
Yield: 10 servings
Dish Size: Pie Pan
- 1 9-inch homemade or refrigerated pie crust
- 6 cups apples, sliced, cored, and peeled (Granny Smith, Fuji, or honey crisp)
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅓ cup cold butter
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Roll pie crust out to 12 inches. Fit into a temp-tations® pie pan.
- In a large bowl toss apples with sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, and salt.
- In a small bowl mix flour, sugar, and cinnamon to form topping. Using a pastry blender or fork, cut butter into mix until large crumbs form.
- Pour apples into crust, mounding apples in center. Spread topping over apples evenly.
- Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 45-50 minutes (cover loosely with foil after 20 minutes to prevent overbrowning).
- Cool at least 3 hours before slicing. Serve with ice cream or whipped topping.