French Apple Tart
Total Time: 1 hr
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Yield: 12 servings
Dish Size: Baking Sheet
- 1 sheet puff pastry dough
- 2-3 honey crisp or Granny Smith apples (peeled, cored, and thinly sliced)
- 1 ½ tsp lemon juice
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ cup apricot preserves
- whipped topping or ice cream, for serving
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry dough to 10x15 inches. Place dough on baking sheet, then use a fork to pierce dough all over.
- In a large bowl, toss apple slices with lemon juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Arrange apple slices in a diagonal pattern, slightly overlapping slices.
- Bake tart in a preheated 400°F oven for 40 minutes, until pastry is brown and apple slices are tender.
- Warm apricot preserves in microwave for about 30 seconds and brush all over tart.
- Serve tart warm with whipped topping or ice cream.