Total Time: 1 hour 15 mins
Prep Time: 45 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Yield: 8 servings as a side dish, 4 servings as a main dish
- 12 oz egg noodles, cooked
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 fully-cooked rotisserie chicken, meat removed and shredded
- 16 oz french onion dip
- 10 oz can cream of chicken condensed soup
- 1 cup half & half
- Salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp chives, plus more for garnish
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup french fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook noodles in salted water about 8 minutes.
- While noodles cook, caramelize onions and butter in a pan, about 10-15 minutes.
- Pull the meat from the chicken and fully shred.
- Drain noodles well, and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the chicken, caramelized onions, soup, dip, half & half, 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, parmesan, and chives to the bowl with the noodles and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add to a 13x9 baking dish, cover with the last cup of cheese and fried onions.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve hot with chives as a garnish