- Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees.
- peel and dice the sweet potatoes. Toss with oil, salt, and pepper in a 3QT baker of your choice. Cover and cook for about 25- 30 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are softened a little bit, remove them from the oven. Add the chili and cinnamon, mix well, Replace the cover.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350, bake for an additional 30-40 minutes.
- While the chili is in the oven, grab your rolls and a sharp paring knife. Cut an oval into the top of the roll. Using a large spoon, scoop off the top crust and some of the insides. Be careful not to pierce the sides or the bottom of the bread.
- Place the rolls on a platter, set aside.
- Fill a squeeze bottle with sour cream, this is what you will use to make the football laces.
- Once the chili is ready, fill each roll bowl with chili. Top with shredded cheese.
- Using the squeeze bottle, draw a vertical line up the middle of the roll, followed by 3-4 horizontal lines about 1 inch apart.
- Serve hot, enjoy!