Total Time: 50 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Yield: 8 servings
- ½ lb. elbow macaroni
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 6 ounces German beer
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 3 slices crisp bacon, crumbled (optional)
- Fill a medium saucepan ⅔ full of water. Bring to a boil and add pasta and a dash of salt. Boil to al dente, about 11-13 minutes. Drain, rinse, and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat melt ¼ cup butter. Whisk in flour and allow to simmer for 3 minutes.
- Whisk in beer, milk, dry mustard, and pepper until smooth.
- Stir in cream cheese until completely melted. Whisk in remaining cheeses.
- Remove from heat and stir in pasta. Pour into your temp-tations® 1.5-quart baker.
- Combine melted butter and Panko in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the top of the mac n' cheese along with crumbled bacon, if desired.
- Bake in a preheated 325°F oven for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve hot.