Grandma Maria’s Sausage and Potato Casserole
Total Time: 1 hr, 20 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr
Yield: 6 servings
Dish Size: 4-Quart Baking Dish
The memory of walking into Grandma Maria's home on a snowy afternoon after a long day reminds me of this wonderfully hearty casserole.
- 12 ounceschicken apple sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 12 ouncessmall red new potatoes, quartered
- 1 lb.Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 Tbspextra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 sprigsfresh thyme, or 1½ tsp dried thyme leaves
- Place sausage, potatoes, and Brussels sprouts in a 4-quart temp-tations® baker.
- Add olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme; toss to coat evenly.
- Roast in a preheated 400°F oven, tossing once halfway through cooking, until the potatoes are fork tender and browned in parts, about 50-60 minutes. Serve immediately.
You can throw this dish together rather quickly, and it's perfect just as is. If you prefer more variety, different ingredient ideas include green beans, onions, or even sliced apples. Grandma loved to serve her casserole alongside what she called "spaetzle," which means noodles in German.