Ham and Cheese Wontons
Total Time: 35 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Yield: 12 servings
Dish Size: Mini Muffin Pan
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced (white and green)
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup leftover ham, diced small*
- 1 ½ cups shredded gruyere cheese
- 24-30 wonton wrappers
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- In a bowl combine first 5 ingredients, then add cheese and ham.
- Brush one side of each wonton with olive oil.
- Stack two wonton wrappers, olive oil side up, at an angle to form a star shape. Gently press wrappers into cups of a temp-tations® mini muffin pan.
- Spoon one tablespoon of mixture into each cup.
- Bake in a preheated 350ºF oven for 15-20 minutes until wrappers are browned and mix is bubbly.
- Allow to cool about 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Although this recipe is intended to use leftover Easter ham, any protein would work – chicken, shrimp, etc. I made a vegetarian version using steamed edamame in its place, which was equally delicious!