2 cups ricotta cheese
4-6 cooked lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, plus more for top of bread
1tsp dry oregano
2 tsp parsley, plus more for garnish
1 lb. ground beef, cooked and drained
1-1/2 cups tomato sauce
1 Italian bread loaf, with the middle hollowed out.
Salt and pepper to taste
In step 7, you can broil your lasagna loaf at 500 degrees for the last 2/3 minutes, so the cheese gets extra toasty (if you prefer extra toasty cheese as much as I do!).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to the package directions.
- Hollow out the middle of the loaf of bread, creating a large cavity in the center, going from end to end.
- Cook the ground beef, drain, add to the tomato sauce to pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mix herbs into ricotta cheese.
- To assemble the lasagna, start by layering a noodle along the bottom of the hollowed bread, spread a layer of ricotta cheese, top with mozzarella, then layer tomato sauce/meat mixture.
- Repeat the layers until you reach the top of the bread, top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven on a temp-tations stoneware platter for 20 minutes.
- Top with parsley to garnish.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the bread boat into pieces, serve immediately.