Lemon Roasted Chicken with Dilled Orzo
Total Time: 50 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30-40 mins
Yield: 8-10 servings
Dish Size: Rimmed Baking Sheet or Lid-It®
- 1 frying chicken, cut up **(about 3½ lbs.)
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 lemons, quartered
- 1 Tbsp Tara’s Pepped up Pork & Poultry seasoning
- 2 Tbsp good olive oil
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill, or ½ tsp dried dill
- On a rimmed baking sheet or Lid-It®, toss together chicken, lemon wedges, garlic, olive oil, and seasoning.
- Place in a preheated 450°F oven and roast, skin side up, for 30-40 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile bring water in a saucepan to boil, add salt, and cook orzo until tender, about 9 minutes.
- Drain orzo, add a drizzle of olive oil, and stir in dill.
- Arrange the orzo on a large platter, top with chicken, and drizzle with pan juices.
**Cut the breast pieces in half. You should have 10 pieces. Cook time will vary with size of chicken.