Marty’s Tomato Pie
Total Time: 45 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 9-inch pie crust
- 2 large ripe tomatoes
- ¾ tsp mixed chopped herbs (basil, oregano, thyme)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup mayo
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
Pre-heat oven to 325°
- Prick bottom of crust with a fork. Bake in a preheated 325ºF oven for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Slice tomatoes ¼-inch thick (peel if desired and set aside on paper towels for 5 minutes or so to absorb some of the tomato juices). Arrange in pie crust in single layer. Sprinkle with ½ of chopped herbs, garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Add second layer of tomatoes, then top with remaining herbs.
- In a small bowl mix together yogurt, mayo, cheddar, and mozzarella cheeses.
- Pour cheese mixture over tomatoes, sprinkle with parmesan, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until cheeses are bubbly.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.