Mini Brie Bites
Total Time: 40 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Yield: 24 servings
Dish Size: Unlimit-Lid baking platter
- 1 8-ounce wheel brie cheese
- ½ cup raspberry preserves
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, defrosted just until manageable*
- 1 egg, beaten
- Melt butter in a small pan. Add walnuts and sauté for 3-5 minutes. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon, then set aside.
- Roll pastry dough sheets into 12-inch squares. Cut each sheet into 12 squares.
- Cut brie into 24 squares, about ⅜-inch each.
- Brush edge of each square with beaten egg. Place ½ inch raspberry jam in center, place cheese on top, and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Pull sides of squares up to form a “beggar’s purse.” Pinch dough tightly to seal shut and slightly flatten top.
- Brush bites with egg wash and chill in fridge for 30 minutes. **
- Place bites on a parchment covered temp-tations® Lid-It® and bake in a preheated 375ºF oven for 15-20 minutes.
*Try not to let the puff pastry get too warm.
** Don’t skip this step…they really need to be chilled.