Mo’ Rockin’ Casserole
Total Time: 32 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 12 mins
Yield: 4 servings
Dish Size: 1-Quart Dish
This is a very welcome change from your average pasta or rice dishes. It's light and subtle, sweet and nutty, and very easy to make. - Tara
- 1 6-ounce packagepearl couscous (also called Israeli couscous)
- 1 Tbsp plus 1 tspred wine vinegar
- 2 tsphoney
- ½ tspkosher salt
- ¼ tspfresh ground pepper
- 4 Tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cupred onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbspchopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cupsliced dried apricots (5 dried apricots)
- ½ cupdried cranberries (or Craisins)
- ¼ cupsliced almonds, toasted
- Cook couscous according to package instructions. Alternatively: in a medium saucepan, over medium-high heat, bring 2½ cups water to a boil. Add couscous, stir once, and reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered until water is mostly absorbed, about 12 minutes. Turn heat off. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a 1-quart temp-tations® dish, whisk together red wine vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper. Whisk in olive oil in a slow stream. Add onions, stirring to coat. Set aside.
- Drain couscous and add to bowl with dressing. Add parsley, apricots, dried cranberries, and toasted almonds; stir to combine. Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve immediately.
I like to add some roasted chicken to this dish, or just eat it alongside whatever main dish you're having, such as lamb or beef.