Peppermint Crunch Christmas Cookies
Total Time: 35 mins
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Yield: 3½ dozen cookies
Dish Size: Lid-It®
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- red and green paste food coloring
- 8 ounces dark chocolate candy coating, melted
- ¾ cup peppermint candies, crushed
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extracts. Gradually beat in flour. Divide dough in half; tint one portion red and the other green. Wrap each in plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly-floured surface, roll each portion of dough to ¼-inch thickness. Cut with a floured 1½-inch round cookie cutter. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased temp-tations® 13x9 Lid-Its®. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 8-10 minutes or until firm. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Dip half of each cookie into melted candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle with crushed candies. Place on wax paper and let stand until set.
This recipe is from my Taste of Home: temp-tations Holiday Cookbook!