Savory Turkey Potpies
Total Time: 45 mins
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Yield: 8 servings
Dish Size: 8 10-oz. EZ Hold Bakers
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas and carrots
- 2 medium red potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 3 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp minced fresh thyme
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 package (17.4 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- additional fresh parsley or thyme leaves, optional
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp water
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, sauté onion until tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and stock until smooth; gradually stir into Dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Add turkey, peas and carrots, potatoes, parsley, thyme and pepper. Stir gently.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Divide turkey mixture among eight temp-tations® 10-ounce EZ Hold™ bakers.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry. Cut out squares to fit tops of bakers. Gently press parsley into pastry if desired. Place pastry over turkey mixture.
- Beat egg and water; brush over tops. Sprinkle with salt.
- Place EZ Hold™ bakers on a baking sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes or until pastry crusts are golden brown.
Tell us what you think!