Snowman Party Stew
Make a winter party extra special with this playful pie. We packed it with beef stew ingredients, then shaped the whimsical snowmen with mashed potatoes, veggies, peppercorns, and ketchup.
-Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total Time: 50 mins
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Yield: 6-8 servings
Dish Size: 1.5-Quart Tart/Quiche Dish
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables for stew, divided
- 1 can (10¼ ounces) beef gravy
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with a small amount of milk)
- 16 whole black peppercorns
- ¼ cup ketchup
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove 24 peas and one carrot chunk from stew vegetables; set aside. Add remaining vegetables to beef. Cook until vegetables are thawed. Add gravy; mix well.
- Pour into an ungreased temp-tations® 1.5-quart tart/quiche dish. Top with eight mashed potato snowmen, using 1 tablespoon of potatoes for each head and 3 tablespoons for each body. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, with a sharp knife, cut reserved carrot into eight strips. Insert one strip into each snowman for a nose. Place three reserved peas on each for buttons. Add peppercorns for eyes. Drizzle ketchup between head and body to form a scarf.
NOTE: If serving to small children, remove peppercorns.
This recipe is from my Taste of Home: temp-tations Holiday Cookbook!