Sweet and Sour Chicken
Total Time: 30 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Yield: 4 servings
Dish Size: Sauté Pan and Saucepan
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast, cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- vegetable or canola oil, for sautéing
- 1 red & 1 green pepper, cut into ½ inch chunks
- 1 cup pineapple, cubed
- sliced scallions, for garnish
½ cup ketchup
2 Tbsp rice wine or apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp brown sugar
¼ cup orange juice
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a sauté pan, add a few tablespoons of oil. Over medium-high heat sauté pepper chunks just until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- While peppers are cooking, combine all sauce ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Add a little oil to the sauté pan and sauté chicken until lightly browned.
- Pour sauce over chicken, add pineapple, reduce heat, and allow to simmer for a few minutes to combine the flavors.
- Serve over rice garnished with sliced scallions.