Total Time: 30 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: at least 2 hours
Yield: 18 large or 36 small treats
- 2 Tbsp oil (coconut or olive)
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour, plus additional for rolling dough (if using oat flour, you may need to almost double this)
- *optional* 1TBSP catnip
- ¾ cup finely shredded carrot.
- One large egg, lightly beaten.
- Cold water, as needed.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat
- In a medium bowl, add oil and mix in 1 cup of the flour until mixture looks sandy.
- Stir in carrots and catnip, if using
- Mix in egg
- Add some water if the mix is too dry, add flour if it is wet and sticky.
- Sprinkle a flat surface with more flour, and roll or pat out dough into ¼ inch thickness.
- Use more flour as needed.
- Prick rolled dough all over with a fork. Use a pizza wheel to cut dough into ½ inch squares.
- Arrange the squares on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, longer if you want a crispier texture.
- Cool on the baking sheet.
- Store in a sealed container for several days or freeze for longer storage.