Total Time: 30 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Yield: 4-6 servings
Dish Size: Lid-It®
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 cup turkey broth
- 2 cups leftover turkey, finely chopped
- ½ cup stuffing (if you don’t have leftover stuffing, increase turkey)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- olive or canola oil, to sauté croquettes
- cranberry sauce or gravy, for dipping
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Melt butter, then stir in flour and seasonings. Cook for 2-3 minutes to give flour a chance to cook off.
- Whisk in broth and cook, stirring frequently, until mixture is thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and stir in turkey and stuffing. Mixture will be very thick. Place in fridge to cool completely, at least 1 hour.
- While turkey mixture is cooling set up a breading station with flour, panko, and eggs.
- Form turkey mixture into small patties. Roll in flour, coat in egg, then roll in Panko. Work quickly or turkey mixture will get sticky.
- In a large sauté pan heat canola or olive oil over medium heat.
- Fry croquettes until lightly browned on both sides.
- Serve on a temp-tations® Lid-It® with leftover cranberry sauce or gravy.