3 Bean Bacon Chili
3 Bean Bacon Chili is a delicious recipe for chilly autumn evenings and game-day get-togethers!
Total Time: 2 hrs, 20 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 2 hrs
Yield: 6 servings
Dish Size: 3-Quart Bean Crock
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 large onion
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ pound thick-cut bacon
- 1 cup canned dark red kidney beans
- 1 cup canned black beans
- 1 cup canned great northern beans
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- Place butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Peel and dice onion and add to hot pan along with beef. Coarsely chop raw bacon and add to skillet. Partially cover and cook until meat is browned and liquid has cooked off. Stir occasionally.
- Add cooked mixture to your temp-tations® bean pot along with all remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Place the lid on your bean pot and put in the oven on the lower rack. Bake in a preheated 325°F oven for 2 hours. Carefully remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Did you know? Bean Crocks are the original slow cookers! Made of durable, even-heating stoneware, my Bean Crock slow cooks all your favorite bean dishes and chilis right in the oven—faster than a slow cooker can.