Total Time: 1 hr
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 40-45 mins
Yield: 8-10 servings
Dish: Cake Stand
- 3/4 cups butter*
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 Large eggs*
- 3/4 cup sour cream*
- 1/2 cup Amaretto
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1-1.2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup amaretto
- Butter and flour Bundt pan. – set aside
- Cream butter and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy.
- On medium speed add the eggs one at a time then blend in the sour cream, amaretto and almond extract, scraping the bowl between additions.
- Sift together the flour, cornstarch, salt and baking soda.
- On low speed add flour mixture and combine just until smooth.
- Pour batter into pan, smooth top and bake at 350 degrees for 40 – 45 minutes or until the cake begins to pull away from the side of the pan and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool 20 minutes and remove from the pan – cool on wire rack until room temperature.
- Spoon glaze over cooled cake.
*Ingredients at room temperature