Total Time: 33 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 18 mins
Yield: 24 servings
Dish Size: Heart Shaped Muffin Pan
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- eggs and oil for cake mix
- 24 paper cupcake liners
- 2 16-ounce cans vanilla frosting
- red food coloring
- 24 mini pretzel sticks
- 24 green gummy mint leaves
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Line your temp-tations® heart-shaped muffin pan with cupcake liners. If using one pan you will need to bake these in four batches.
- Fill each liner ⅔ full of batter. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. As the cupcakes bake, the liners will expand to form the shape of a heart. Set cupcakes aside to cool.
- Scoop frosting into a mixing bowl. Stir in a few drops of red food coloring, adding more as needed to reach a bright red color.
- Frost the top of each cooled cupcake. Insert a pretzel stick into the side, near the top where the heart forms a "V". This will be the stem of the apple. Place a mint leaf near the stem. Enjoy.