Apricot Glazed Carrots
Total time: 25 mins
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Dish Size: 1.5 Quart
- 1 large (32-oz.) bag baby carrots
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup apricot preserves
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Place ¼ cup of water into a 1.5-quart temp-tations® baking dish.
- Add carrots, butter, and light brown sugar to baking dish. Stir and cover with plastic wrap.
- Use a fork to pierce a hole in plastic wrap before microwaving on high for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Carefully remove dish from microwave, discard plastic wrap, and stir in apricot preserves, salt, and nutmeg.
- Microwave uncovered on high for an additional 2 minutes. Stir in cornstarch until completely dissolved.
- Microwave for 3-4 minutes more, until carrots are tender and sauce is thickened. Use a slotted spoon to drain any excess liquid as you serve.
Tell us what you think!