Asparagus Goat Cheese Tart
Total Time: 40 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Yield: 6 servings
Dish Size: Lid-It®
- 1 sheet puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 cup goat cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp snipped chives, divided*
- ½ Tbsp grated lemon zest
- ½ tsp fine sea salt, plus more for sprinkling
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp flour, for dusting
- 1 bunch thin asparagus, edges trimmed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- red pepper flakes, optional
- On floured parchment paper, roll puff pastry to an 11x13 rectangle and set on a temp-tations® Lid-It®. Score a ¾-inch border, being careful not to cut through pastry. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mash together goat cheese, egg, garlic, zest, salt, half of the chives, and nutmeg. Beat in sour cream until smooth.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly inside scored border. Line up asparagus spears on top and brush with olive oil.
- Sprinkle salt, red pepper flakes, remaining chives, and grated parmesan over asparagus.
- Bake in a preheated 425ºF oven until pastry is puffed and golden, about 25 minutes. Let cool on Lid-It® for at least 15 minutes.
I used chives for this recipe but almost any herb would work—tarragon, mint, or parsley— whatever you like. You can assemble this tart ahead of time and store in the fridge as much as a day ahead. Hold the salt, pepper flakes, herbs, and grated parmesan until ready to bake.