Baked Potato Soup
Total Time: 2 hrs, 5 mins
Prep Time: 45 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr, 20 mins
Yield: 2 crocks
- 2 baking potatoes
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices crisp bacon, crumbled
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pierce potatoes several times with a fork and bake in preheated oven for about an hour, or until soft. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes. Scoop out potato, discarding skin, and roughly chop. Set aside.
- In a pot, melt butter over medium heat. Slowly whisk in the flour, making a roux. Continue to whisk over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until a nutty color and smell is achieved.
- Slowly whisk in the milk, stirring constantly to prevent lumps. Continue cooking over medium heat until the soup starts to thicken, stirring occasionally.
- Add reserved potatoes, bacon & cheese. Stir well and continue to cook over low heat for about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour soup into crocks and top with a dollop of sour cream & green onions.
Tell us what you think!