Total Time: 23 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 8 mins
Yield: 4 servings
Dish Size: 1.5-Quart Baking Dish
I'm not going to suggest that you serve this the traditional way...on fire...instead, the alcohol in the rum simply bakes out! - Tara
- ¼ cupbutter
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp spiced rum
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 4 bananas, peeled and sliced into ¾-inch thick discs
- 4 scoopsvanilla ice cream
- vanilla wafers, for garnish
- Place sliced bananas in a 1.5-quart temp-tations® baking dish.
- Add butter, brown sugar, rum, vanilla extract, and cinnamon to a sauce pot over medium-high heat until simmering. Pour mixture over bananas.
- Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 8 minutes, just long enough to soften bananas. Serve at the table, smothering over a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and garnishing with a vanilla wafer.
Slice bananas on the bias for oval shapes that make a great presentation!