Beer Can Chicken
Total Time: 1 hr, 50 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr, 30 mins
Yield: 4 servings
Dish Size: Medium Bowl
- 1 whole fryer chicken
- 1 12- or 16-ounce can of your favorite beer
- ¾ cup olive oil
- juice and zest of small lemon
- 2 tsp temp-tations® Pepped Up Pork & Poultry seasoning
- In a large plastic bag mix olive oil, lemon juice, and temp-tations® seasoning. Add chicken and refrigerate for at least one hour or up to overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat grille to medium-high. Remove chicken from marinade (do not discard marinade—reserve in a medium-sized temp-tations® bowl).
- Open beer and pour ¾ cup into bowl with marinade.
- Place beer can on grille. Carefully lower chicken onto beer can, using the legs to balance.
- Using a mop-type pastry brush, brush chicken with marinade/beer mix every 15 minutes for one hour.
- Move chicken to indirect heat, close cover, and cook until done, about 30 minutes more.
- Remove from can and allow to rest for 15 minutes before cutting chicken into quarters.