Blueberry Lemon Cake
Total Time: 1 hr, 10 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 50-60 mins
Yield: 12 servings
Dish Size: 8x8 Pan
- 1½ cups plus 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup white sugar, divided
- 2 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup milk
- 1½ cups fresh blueberries
- 1 Tbsp turbinado sugar
- Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and ½ cup sugar on medium speed until light & fluffy. Beat in egg yolks, lemon extract, and zest until combined.
- Add flour mixture and milk alternately, beating on low after each addition until combined. Stir in blueberries.
- In a bowl beat egg whites at medium speed until soft peaks form. Beat in remaining ¼ cup of sugar a tablespoon at a time until stiff peaks form.
- Stir ⅓ of egg white mixture into batter, then fold in remaining egg whites.
- Spread batter in a temp-tations® 8x8 pan, sprinkle with turbinado sugar, and bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.