Total Time: 1 hr, 20 mins
Prep Time: 50 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Yield: 6 muffins
Dish Size: muffin pan
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- ⅓ cup almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, soft
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- zest from ½ a lemon
- 1 apple peeled, cored, and diced
- ⅓ cup dried cherries
- 1 tbsp blanched almond slices
- half pear peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, soft
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a tray with almond slices and let sit in oven for 5-6 minutes, until almonds start to toast. Remove and let cool.
- Combine flour, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl and mix well.
- In a mixer beat the butter and sugar until creamed, then add eggs, blending one at a time. Add sour cream, vanilla extract, and lemon zest and blend.
- Add dry ingredients and blend.
- Fold in diced apples and cherries by hand.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tin, filling ⅔ of the way.
- In a small bowl combine pear, brown sugar, butter, and almonds.
- Place streusel on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until center of muffin comes out clean.