Buffalo Chicken Pizza Bagels
Total Time: 35 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Yield: 6 servings
Dish Size: 5-Quart Baker
With these fantastically easy pizza bagels, you'll get all the flavor you would with Buffalo-style wings, without all the mess. Whether it's a casual night at home with family, or a Sunday sports event with your neighborhood pals, these are sure to score some big points! - Tara
- 6mini bagels, split
- 3 Tbspbutter or margarine, divided
- 1small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ouncescooked chicken, diced
- 1 TbspLouisiana hot sauce (2 Tbsp for spicier flavor)
- ½ cupcrumbled blue cheese
- ½ cupshredded mozzarella cheese
- Place mini bagel halves, crust side down, in a single layer along the bottom of a 5-quart temp-tations® baking dish.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté 1 tablespoon of the butter with onions, until onions begin to caramelize, about 7 minutes.
- Add chicken, hot sauce, and remaining butter to skillet and stir to combine.
- Top each bagel half with an equal amount of the chicken and onion mixture from the skillet. Sprinkle crumbled blue cheese over everything, then top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 12-15 minutes, or until bagel bottoms are browned and crispy and cheese is melted. Serve hot.
Instead of topping the bagels with crumbled blue cheese, simply serve alongside a chunky blue cheese dressing for dipping.