- 1 box cake mix (any flavor of your choosing)
- 2 16oz cans frosting mix
- Assorted candy, etc for decoration
- 2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 6 toothpicks or string licorice for whiskers
- Food coloring
- Mix batter and bake 2 round cake layers according to the package directions. Let cool completely.
- Center one layer on a serving tray.
- Cut the second layer into 3 pieces (see photo) for 2 ears and bow tie, trim to fit.
- From one can of frosting, tint approximately ¼ cup pink and 1 cup green or blue for bow tie.
- Frost round layer and ears in white icing. Frost the centers of the ears pink.
- Put coconut on round layer and ears.
- Frost bow tie in blue or green.
- Decorate round layer to make a face.
- Decorate bow tie with colorful, chocolate-coated candies (like M&M's®) or sprinkles.