Butter Almond Crunch
Total Time: 35 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Yield: 1¼ lbs.
Dish Size: 4-Quart Baker
- 1½ tsp plus ½ cup butter, divided
- ¾ cup flaked coconut
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp light corn syrup
- ¾ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Line a temp-tations® 4-quart baker with foil. Grease foil with 1½ teaspoons butter. Spread coconut evenly into prepared pan; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, water, and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add remaining butter; cook and stir until butter is melted. Continue cooking, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300°F (hard-crack stage). Remove from heat. Stir in almonds and pour over coconut. Cool.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over candy; cool until firm. Remove from foil and break into pieces. Store in airtight containers. For gift giving, place mix in assorted temp-tations® serving bowls.
NOTE: We recommend that you test your candy thermometer before each use by bringing water to a boil; the thermometer should read 212°F. If your thermometer reads higher or lower, adjust the recipe temperature up or down.
This recipe is from my Taste of Home: temp-tations Holiday Cookbook!