Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Total Time: 40 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Yield: 12 servings
Dish Size: 2 6-Count Muffin Pans
Though candy of all kinds abounds on Halloween, no party would be complete without a baked treat to mark the occasion. That’s why these cupcakes really hit the spot!
- 1 16.5-ounce box spice cake mix
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- ¼ cup raisins
- 12 paper cupcake liners
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup butter, softened
- In a large temp-tations® bowl, combine the cake mix and pumpkin puree, and stir until well combined. Mix in the shredded carrots and raisins.
- Line two temp-tations® 6-cup muffin pans with liners. Divide the batter among the cupcake liners. Bake in a preheated 325°F oven until set, about 25 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, lemon juice, and butter. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Frost cupcakes and decorate as desired.
Forgo the frosting and add a ½ cup of chopped walnuts for great fall muffins the whole family will love!