Total Time: 15 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Yield: 1 serving
Equipment: waffle iron, serving tray, mixing bowl
- (1) 20-ounce package frozen shredded hash browns
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped chives plus some for garnishing
- 1/2 tsp salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Sour cream for serving, optional
- Heat waffle iron on the medium-high setting. Spray each side generously with non-stick cooking spray or brush with melted butter.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Stir in potatoes, cheese, chives and season with salt and pepper.
- Depending on the size of your waffle iron, scoop enough of the potato mixture to cover the surface and spread to about 1/2 inch in from the edges.
- Close & cook for about 5 minutes, checking every few minutes to avoid burning.
- When the entire waffle is golden brown in color, carefully remove from the iron with fork or tongs.
- Serve with sour cream & sprinkle chives